Your time can make a big difference in our community.
If you are interested and able to volunteer, please contact each organization directly to learn about their specific needs and opportunities to help.
All volunteers should exercise appropriate precautions given their individual circumstances and follow the guidance of public health officials on how to stay safe. If you would like more information, you can visit the CDC website.
United Way of Greater New Haven, in partnership with the Connecticut Foodshare, the Town of Hamden, and Hamden Public Schools, is managing a bi-weekly mobile pantry in Hamden. Volunteers will help set-up the food pantry, distribute food, and help with break down. This pantry is a rain or shine event!
- Wednesday, September 14th, 4:15PM - 6PM [At Capacity]
- Wednesday, September 28th, 4:15PM - 6PM [At Capacity]
- Wednesday, October 12th, 4:15PM - 6PM [At Capacity]
- Wednesday, October 26th, 4:15PM - 6PM [At Capacity]
- Wednesday, November 9th, 4:15PM - 6PM
- Wednesday, November 23rd, 4:15PM - 6PM
- Wednesday, December 7th, 4:15PM - 6PM
More dates will be made available later on.
- Remove brush and leaves from the main trails
- Help prepare a community garden
- Clean up and reorganize equipment from the pool area and activity areas for the winter
Across Greater New Haven, community gardens are an essential resource for neighborhoods located in food deserts, or for community members who are struggling to make ends meet. Sign up to support community agriculture!
- Thursday, September 1st, 9AM - 11AM
- Thursday, September 15th, 9AM - 11AM
- Thursday, September 29th, 9AM - 11AM
- Thursday, October 13th, 9AM - 11AM
- Thursday, October 27th, 9AM - 11AM
- Thursday, November 10th, 9AM - 11AM [final day of the season!]
Volunteers are needed for Literacy Volunteers of Greater New Haven. LVGNH provides free literacy tutoring to adult students, both for native English speakers and people learning English as a second language.
Volunteer Manager | Email
Does your community organization have a volunteer need? Are you an individual looking for a specific volunteer opportunity? Do you want to learn more about an opportunity listed above? Contact our Volunteer Manager, Dennis Velasquez.