Together, We Can
Building a strong community that takes care of everyone who lives here depends on your generous support.
Addressing Inequities in Educationa conversation with local educators, students, and advocates
Join us virtually for a conversation to explore what it will take to achieve equitable education and what is required of our community to make it a reality. After a year of remote classes and a return to in-person learning, barriers to education have been exposed and amplified. To move forward, we must better understand the problems faced by those on the frontlines of the education system and how we as a community can address the root causes.
Be part of the conversation, moderated by local educator Jenny Heikkila Díaz, and 2021 UConn graduate and former New Haven student Alexis Wilson.
A panel of frontline educators, students, and advocates will discuss what they’ve learned and will reflect on how the education system has or hasn’t worked, as well as what changes need to be made and what we can do to make a difference. Panelists include:
- Jennifer Heikkila Díaz - Moderator, Local Educator
- Alexis Wilson - Moderator, 2021 UConn Graduate & Former New Haven Student
- Steve Driffin - Director of Youth Programs/Co-Director of Operations, ConnCAT
- Jennifer González - Bilingual Teacher, John Martinez School
- Dr. Joseph Johnson - Principal, King-Robinson School
- Patricia Melton - President, New Haven Promise
- Jose Saez - Student, Hillhouse High School, Class of 2023
- Tennille Smalls - Director, Gentle Hands Academy Daycare
Closed captioning and Spanish translation will be available during the conversation.
Be In the Know
Sign up for our emails and stay informed about how we work with partners and supporters like you to strengthen our community.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.