VITA provides free tax preparation services to low-to-moderate-income individuals and families.
What You Need to File Taxes
- Photo ID for you (and spouse if filing jointly)
- Social Security cards or statements for every member of your family who’ll be included on your return
- W-2s and/or 1099s from ALL of your jobs in 2021 plus Form 1099-G from the state of CT showing any unemployment compensation
- Interest, dividend and investment statements from your financial institutions, if applicable
- Information on any expenses you paid in 2021, for example tuition and student loans (Form 1098T, 1099E); annual mortgage statement if you own your home; charitable contributions; record of home or car taxes paid to your town; documentation from any child care provider of their tax ID number and how much you paid.
- Health Insurance Statement from Access Health (Form 1095A from the CT Marketplace)
- If you come in-person, please also bring:
- Proof of full vaccination for everyone coming inside
- A mask for everyone coming inside
- Want your refund direct deposited?
- Please bring in your routing and account number (available on your checks).
In-Person & Online Locations:
Beacon Falls Senior Center
57 N Main St. Beacon Falls, CT 06403
Wednesday: 5:00PM - 8:00PM
Call 211 for an appointment
Branford Counseling & Community Services
342 Harbor St. Branford, CT 06405
Mon. 9:00PM - 1:00PM
Call 211 for appointment
Hamden Adult Ed VITA
2040 Dixwell Ave, Hamden
Monday & Wednesday - 5:00-7:30PM
Saturday - 10:00AM-1:30PM
Open January 24-April 18
Closed on February 21 and when schools are closed for bad weather.
- Can you show proof of full vaccination? Our fully vaccinated volunteers will serve masked clients showing proof of vaccination at Hamden High School.
- Proof of full vaccination required for everyone coming inside.
- Mask required for everyone coming inside.
M.L. Keefe Community Center
11 Pine St. Hamden, CT 06514
Drop Off Services
In-person for residents only
Online for the public: www.getyourrefund.org/BEA-CT
Community Action Agency of New Haven
419 Whalley Ave, New Haven, CT 06511
Tues. 5:00PM - 8:00PM
Thurs. 5:00PM - 8:00PM
Emanuel Lutheran Church VITA Tax Clinic
280 Humphrey Street, New Haven
(203) 562-2965, email@example.com
Wednesday - 10:00AM-2:00PM
Sunday - 12:00PM-4:00PM
Open January 19-April 18
Closed on holidays and during inclement weather.
- Restricted to 3 people in building at one time due to COVID-19: (leave your family home)
- Must be healthy, wear facial mask, and maintain physical distancing
- No appointments, first come – first serve for those on list: Must call upon arrival and wait in your car for admittance.
- We begin taking calls once the site is open each day – not before, and you must speak to a live person – voicemails will not be responded to during operations. Call (203) 562-2965 to get on the list. List fills quickly (within first hour) and we hope to handle up to 20 people each day (depending on volunteers).
Evergreen AAA VITA
43 Norton Ave. New Haven, CT 06511
25 Temple St. New Haven, CT 06510
In-Person—First Come, First Serve
Tues. 6:00PM - 8:00PM
150 Sargent Dr. New Haven, CT 06511
New Haven Free Public Library - Main Library
Walk-Ins: 133 Elm St, New Haven, CT 06510
New Haven Financial Empowerment Center
Online ONLY: www.getyourrefund.org/NHFEC
New Haven Public Library - Wilson Branch
Tues. 4:00PM - 7:00PM
Sat. 1:00PM - 4:00PM
Call 203-946-2228 for appointment
Southern Connecticut State University
501 Crescent St. New Haven, CT 06515
*Beginning March 2, 2022*
Call 203-329-5098 Dr. Frank Bevvino