Together, We Can
Building a strong community that takes care of everyone who lives here depends on your generous support.
Emanuel Lutheran Church VITA
280 Humphrey Street, New Haven
Wednesday 10:00AM – 2:00PM
Sunday 12:00PM – 4:00PM
Open January 20-April 18
Closed on holidays and during severe weather.
- Must be in good health, wear a face mask, and observe social distancing.
- Walk-in - call upon arrival and speak to a representative before entering. Please do not leave a message or attempt to enter if call goes to voicemail. Wait in your car for instruction and admittance.
- Only English available.
- Brookside Estates
- Columbus Family Academy
- Evergreen AAA VITA
- Havenly Treats
- Medical Financial Partnership New Haven Primary Care Consortium
- New Haven Opportunity Center
- New Haven Public Library - Wilson Branch
- New Haven Free Public Library - Main Library
- Southern Connecticut State University
The Community Action Agency of New Haven’s (CAANH) Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) intake site will operate once a week; on Tuesday evenings beginning, April 13–May 4.
You are eligible for this free tax help from CAANH if you are a greater New Haven area resident and:
- You make $57,000 or less
- Are a person with disabilities; and
- You are a limited English-speaking taxpayer who needs assistance in preparing your own tax returns.
All eligible taxpayers are encouraged to take advantage of this free service and have your tax return completed at CAANH. Find out more here: https://www.caanh.net/vita.
Alternative Tax Filing Options:
myfreetaxes.com - File a simple return for free, including the State return. No income limit.
irs.gov - Free file through IRS website
Be In the Know
Sign up for our emails and stay informed about how we work with partners and supporters like you to strengthen our community.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.