Are you a good listener who enjoys being with other people?
Would you like to provide support to patients and families at the end of life?
If so, please consider becoming a family support volunteer for Regional Hospice and Home Care as we expand our services to Smilow Cancer Center at Yale-New Haven Hospital and the surrounding communities.
Family Support Volunteers offer support and companionship for patients and their families. Scheduling is flexible, including weekend and evening needs.
The next training class in New Haven takes place over 3 days:
• Tuesday, 10/25 – 9 am to 5 pm
• Wednesday, 10/26 – 9 am to 5 pm
• Thursday, 10/27 – 9 am to 5 pm
*You must attend all 3 classes to complete the training.* Lunch will be provided.
All interested volunteers must:
• Fill out an application online
• Schedule an interview with the volunteer department
• Submit three references
• Complete a background check
Class Size is Limited – Register Early!
Questions? Please Contact:
Mary Beth Hickey, Volunteer Director