You and your co-workers make a difference.
Volunteering through the workplace benefits employees, corporations, and the community at large. Employees have the opportunity to put their skills and passion into action, companies demonstrate their collective citizenship, and lives improve. We all win when a child succeeds in school, when a family becomes financially stable, when people have good health.
Companies large and small work with United Way to identify how their employees can volunteer in our community to create change on issues we care about. Events can include:
- A Day of Caring: A United Way tradition in which the community comes together to support agencies in need of help on specific projects. To learn more about planning a Day of Caring, and other volunteer opportunities, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kindergarten Canvass: United Way of Greater New Haven is part of a team that comes together each August to knock on the door of every New Haven family with a student entering kindergarten. It's part of our strategy to engage families in their children's academic success, and to get the new students excited and comfortable with going to school.
Employees benefit by:
- Building ties to the local community
- Learning new skills, including leadership and supervision
- Strengthening relationships with colleagues
- Enhancing their relationship with and esteem for the company
Workplaces benefit by:
- Gaining improved relations with members of their community
- Learning about critical community issues
- Building morale and sense of team spirit among employees
- Enhancing their ability to recruit and retain high-quality employees